Research Journal of Applied Sciences

Year: 2009
Volume: 4
Issue: 1
Page No. 1 - 9

Power Outages in the Nigeria Transmission Grid

Authors : Onohaebi O. Sunday

Abstract: This study presents, the analysis of power outages in transmission lines associated with the Nigerian grid. The study revealed that the Nigeria power transmission network is characterised by prolonged and frequent outages. It was observed that planned outages on the 132 kV recorded the highest value of only 7% while, the remaining 93% were due to either forced outages or emergency/urgent outages. This suggested that the reliability of the network is very low resulting in very low efficiency and disruption in the lives of the citizenry. Recommendations to reduce these outages are proffered in this study to ensure good power quality and security in the network.

How to cite this article:

Onohaebi O. Sunday , 2009. Power Outages in the Nigeria Transmission Grid. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, 4: 1-9.

Design and power by Medwell Web Development Team. © Medwell Publishing 2022 All Rights Reserved